Frequently Asked Questions
Please read this page before writing me :)
- When will the next volume of the manga be out?
- As soon as I get the BIG news, I will update the News page and then I will write the synopsis ASAP. If you want to know when my site is updated, please join the mailing list.
- How many volumes will it take to get to the end of the story?
- Only Suzue Miuchi knows the answer to this question. I hope not too many. Hana to Yume version was getting too long indeed. There are rumours that the official story will be cut shorter. Let's hope!
- How will the story end?
- *LOL* If I knew that, I would be Suzue Miuchi!
- Where can I find anime, OAV, drama, scanlations or manga?
- Please don't ask me that. I am not selling anything and I am not affiliated with any shops, so I can't help you. I don't own any anime version myself. Even the Italian manga I bought is not easy to find anymore since it's out of print. Please, understand that I worked very hard to share everything I can with everybody, but I don't have time to respond individually to requests like these. I'm sorry. Thank you for your understanding.
- Will Masumi and Maya get married?
- Haha this MUST happen. Suzue Miuchi is a nice person, ne? In the past Miuchi sensei suggested that Maya will *not* win both in love and in her career, but later she said she wants Maya to be happy. We all know what (and who) can make Maya happy ;)
- Who will perform Kurenai Tennyo?
- If I have to choose, I think Maya deserves the role most, but I also love Ayumi and she is working very hard. I hope they will have a fair competition till the end. And I hope that Maya will win. Or both of them! :)
- Into what languages has the manga been translated?
- As far as I know, only into: Chinese (HK and Taiwan), Thai (Na Gak Kaew), Korean (Yuri Kamyun), Indonesian (Topeng Kaca), Vietnamese (Mat Na Thuy Tinh), Italian (Il Grande Sogno di Maya). Check The Masterpiece page. If you know more info, please contact me.
- What is the Hana to Yume version?
- Garasu no Kamen was first serialized in the manga magazine "Hana to Yume".
The pages were collected into 41 official tankoubons.
There are some minor differences between the magazine and the official volumes.
After the 41st volume the story went on for thousands of pages in "Hana to Yume",
and those pages were never collected into official tankoubons.
When the 42nd volume was published, many fans who read the "Hana to Yume" version were surprised: the story was quite different!
In this site you can find a synopsis of all those unofficial
Please remember that I worked hard, getting info from many sources, but I did not read the original because I can't speak Japanese.
If you think there are some incorrect or missing parts, feel free to write me!
After volume 42 was published, the new chapters were serialized in "Bessatsu Hana to Yume". Once again, some parts of the story were later changed in the official volume 43, which was published on January 26th 2009. In this site you can find the synopses: of the after-42 pages published in "Bessatsu Hana to Yume" and volume 43.
The same day when volume 43 was published, a new issue of "Bessatsu Hana to Yume", which contained some after-43 pages was published! And the same happened on August 26th 2009, when at the same time volume 44 and some new pages on Bessatsu Hana to Yume were published.
And so on...
However, On May 25, 2018, Bessatsu Hana to Yume ended publication.
Please also check The Masterpiece for more information.
You can find all the synopses ot official tankoubons and unpublished chapters in the Synopses page.
- Do you want to be pen pals?
- I met the most amazing friends thanks to this website. I am always happy to meet new people from all over the world. And I always try to reply to nice emails. But I have to admit that since I created this website many years have passed and I don't have as much time and energy as I used to have. So, I can't write very often. If you're OK with that, you're welcome to contact me :)
- Please let me know when there are any news / when your site is updated!
- I used to say yes to everyone, but you're too many! Please go to the Contact me page and join the mailing list. You'll be notified at every update and you can unsubscribe anytime.
- Can I send you some fan art or fan fiction for your website?
- Waaah! You don't have to ask! Just SEND it please! I LOVE fan art and fan fiction!!!
- How do you find all the time and energy to work at your site?
- Good question. I have no choice! I am a very passionate Italian and I dedicate time and energy to things I like :)
- Can I help you someway?
- Haha nobody ever asked me that question, but in my dreams. Anyway, anyone can help me with my site:
- You can send me fan art and fan fiction.
If you are Japanese or understand Japanese I really need your help:
- to translate information and manga chapters
- If you are English native speaker:
- feel free to correct my poor English :)
- If you are a non-Japanese fan of Garasu no Kamen and the manga was translated into your language:
- Needless to say, I always welcome feedback, corrections, suggestions and info :)
- Is Suzue Miuchi alive?
- Yes, she is. She's having many interviews and she's very busy. She supervises plays, anime versions, events, opera. Hopefully she can find the time to finish the manga as well.
- Please, can you write to Suzue Miuchi?
- Huh? Well, I could. But I would have no more chances than you to receive a reply. Actually, since I don't know Japanese, I doubt Miuchi sensei ever read my emails :( Unluckily, I do NOT know Miuchi sensei in person and I never met her, I am just a crazy fan!
- Can I use text or some images for my website?
- Sigh! I wish this was a FAQ. Actually, in 99% cases, people steal without asking. Anyway, for the 1% who asks, the answer is YES, of course. I have to ask you NOT to direct link images and to give me credits. And if possible, to link back to my site. Thank you very much!
- You used images from another website, didn't you?
- NO. If there are the same images as mine in other sites, they stole them from me. I personally scan and edit images, or I pick them from video files. Texts are written by me, otherwise I give credits to the authors. If I use anything form other sites, I ask for permission and give credits. I wish everybody did the same!
I worked very hard to create this website. When other people collaborated I gave them credits. I do not own the copyrights for the original work. Please if you intend to use some content for your website, ask me for permission first and give me credits. In any case, please do not direct link images and do not use anything for commercial purposes. Please, respect other people's work!